When proper attention is given to healthy food, you are able to reduce cholesterol levels, even prevent some types of cancer.
How to put healthy food on the menu and have a balanced diet
All people, no matter how unattended, need a balanced diet to maintain healthy levels of nutrients in the body, and thus have a better life.
In order to form a menu that can contemplate this search for a better life, healthy food must be inserted day-to-day. Here’s what to eat:
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Eat more wholefoods
- Do not give up on healthy protein sources
- Decrease your intake of high-sugar foods
- Beware of high-fat foods
- Always give preference to foods with reduced levels of fat, sugar and salt
Something to remember is that abuse of fat or high sugar food can be the most damaging practice you can do, because the body needs diversity, but in a balanced way.
How to insert healthy food into everyday life
Here are some tips to facilitate the start of a food transformation, but it is important to note that the best follow-up should be done with a specialized professional.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Choose to eat healthy fats and cut, especially, trans fat
- Decrease the amount of salt in food
- Be careful about alcohol consumption, trace guidelines, and follow them.
Healthy food really does change the quality of life, but it needs to be well thought out and tailored to improve your health within the levels it presents and your personal profile. To avoid risk, look for a professional who can help you.